Saturday, November 22, 2008

1 month on...

So I've been in Italy a month now, and I know it's such a cliche, but it's gone so fast! I've found a job, somewhere to live, and met so many new people! I think I'm settling in to life in Milan pretty well too, I'm kind of like living in a bubble in my little patch of the city. At home I'd have to go to the nearest town which was like 10 miles away, but here everything's so close, it's just a matter of getting on the underground or a bus, or even walking, it's quite a novelty for me! And the trains are hardly disturbing me now too :D

It's gone very cold here though, it's quite funny really, watching the news this week and there being some item about the weather every evening! I thought we Brits talked about the weather a lot!! It's not too bad in the city though, and from how the Italians are dressing, I'd say they feel the cold more than I do! I'm going to buy a nice winter coat today though, I left my old one at home as it was too big. A bit of retail therapy's always good :D

The Christmas lights are starting to appear now too, unfortunately nothing in the streets off where I live, but nearby there are a few. I went to the nearby supermarket after work on Wednesday and there were some lights outside a row of shops, really pretty! I haven't been into the city centre for a while now, bar going to the main train station, I don't really have the time and I haven't needed to leave my little bubble :D But I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done in the streets there in the run-up to Christmas!

No comments: