Monday, November 10, 2008

Trains, strikes and sleep deprivation part 2.....

One good thing about a train strike when you live near to a train station is you don't get disturbed as much when you're trying to sleep :D A bit harsh considering the problems it's caused for everyone today, but that's my take on it...

The traffic when I walked home was absolutely mental though, it made crossing the road even more difficult!! That's one thing I've adopted since coming to Milan, the Italian style of crossing the road where there isn't a proper crossing avec lights and all that, waiting for a gap in the traffic and carefully weaving my way through the traffic! Otherwise I'd be standing there like a lemon for an age! Cos they don't stop, oh no, that's something I learnt the hard way when I was studying in Italy during my 2nd year of uni. It's a bit dangerous in a big city like Milan though, but there we go, it's just a small fact of life here, another little random thing of everyday life that's different.....

And tomorrow morning it'll be back to getting woken up at some unearthly hour by some train or other.....

No comments: