Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back in Milan!

After 11 hours travelling, I finally got back to Milan last night. I had a lovely Christmas at home, quite a quiet one, as they usually are at home, but I saw plenty of relatives and friends. I'm really glad I got to go home for Christmas, it just wouldn't have been the same in Italy. And Italians just don't do the Christmas dinner I love, turkey, stuffing & all the trimmings!! There's nothing like a homecooked Christmas dinner! The week went far too fast though! And now tomorrow I'm back to work!

11 hours travelling though, I was destroyed when I got back! As I have to fly from Bristol (can we PLEASE have some direct flights to Italy from Cardiff???) it means I have to make my way there on the train, which can be anything between 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 hours, depending on the connections. And yesterday was a nightmare, 2 train connections, thanks to a 30 hour wait near Swansea (my 1st connection) because of a points failure, I missed both! At one point I thought I'd miss my flight!! But after speaking to the conductor about it, he very kindly printed me out an itinerary of my new connections, and I managed to get to Bristol 10 minutes after check-in opened by the skin of my teeth!! Never again!! When I was home I discovered that there's now a direct train from Aberystwyth (around 1-1 1/2 hours in the car) to Birmingham International, sorted!!!

As for today, I'm hoping to have a lazy Sunday, a bit of relaxing, before I go back to work tomorrow!

No comments: