Monday, February 23, 2009

Hazy Monday

From my 7th floor office the whole of Milan (that I can see at least :D) is covered by a foggy type haze. It's not the type of haze that belongs to winter, even looking out the window I get the feeling that Spring's in the air. Even some of the Milanese are daring to go out in coats other than their big winter ones (and Italians feel the cold much more than us Brits do!), and I've got a pair of ballet type shoes on today (with knee high tights albeit, it's not that nice yet!!) instead of my usual trainers! Apparently it's supposed to be nice for the rest of the week as well!

Carnival's definitely in the air, plenty of silly string (seems quite random for someone who's grown up with pancake day and not carnival...) and confetti (preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty!! :D) all around where I live, made the walk into work more fun this morning!

Oh, the diet's going well too, 1.5 kg lost in 2 weeks, so I'm pretty chuffed!

No comments: