Friday, March 27, 2009

It's my birthday!!

So today I reach the grand old age of 23! 23, hmmm, that's going to take some getting used to... I don't think I ever properly came to terms with hitting 20!! This's my second birthday away from home; when I was at university my birthday was always during the Easter vacation. The first birthday I celebrated away from home was in Italy too, when I celebrated my 20th during my year abroad in Urbino. I don't usually make a big deal out of birthdays, they're usually pretty quiet, spent at home with my family, and then usually a night out on the town with my friends. This one's going to be a quiet one too, to be honest I haven't given my birthday much thought, I don't usually I guess, maybe I really don't like the idea of getting old...! But tomorrow I'm treating myself, I'm going shopping (I've not decided if it's going to be in the city centre or Corso Buenos Aires; it's been a while since I've had a wander round Corso Buenos Aires, plus it's closer to home...) and then in the afternoon I'm getting my hair cut. My hair desperately needs a trim! I'm leaving the colour as it is, I'm going to grow it out, I figured there's no point dying it blonde in a country where my natural hair colour's considered to be blonde; plus I can't say I'd trust Italians too much with blonde hair dye, they just wouldn't be as used to it as the hairdressers at home... So yes, tomorrow should be fun, I'm just hoping I'll find enough clothes, I don't have enough Spring stuff with me, and clothes shopping in Italy isn't all that easy unless you're proper skinny!!

It's overcast in Milan today, colder than I thought too! We've had some gorgeous weather this week, beautiful sunshine, temperature in the high teens. I'm hoping it'll be quite nice tomorrow, or at least that it doesn't rain!

Oh, and diet update, 2 kg (4.4 lbs) lost in 3 and a half weeks, awesome!

No comments: