Monday, April 6, 2009

Earthquake

Firstly, I'm absolutely fine (not that I've had all that many people asking me, maybe their Italian geography is better than I think!!), we didn't feel a thing up here in Milan. I haven't seen anything on the tv about it yet, but I will do when I get home; but I always have the radio on when I'm getting ready to go to work, and I had RDS on for most of the time this morning. All they were talking about was the earthquake that happened in L'Aquila, it was really strange. The breakfast show on RDS is usually pretty rowdy, telephone jokes & the usual sort of banter you'd get on British breakfast radio, but this morning there was no trace of that, it was quite chilling really, really made me realise the gravity of the situation. Even though we didn't feel a thing up here, and I've lived through a small earthquake before (the Midlands one last year, though that was nothing, at like 1 in the morning it proper freaked me out!!), it scares me a bit, living in a country where earthquakes like this happen. My thoughts go out to everyone affected by the earthquake.

No comments: