Saturday, May 2, 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend!

Ah, 3 day weekends are awesome! An extra day for shopping, housework, or just lazying around & doing nothing! And today I went shopping, on the hunt for summer clothes... And I came back with a pair of flip flops, a necklace & hairclips. Rubbish. How is it that there are so many shops in Milan but I can't find any summer clothes that I like or fit?? It's supposed to start hitting the high 20s by the end of next week (it's about 23/24 degrees today) so I really need to find some things soon! There were a lot of tourists in giro today, definitely outnumbering the Italians!! But it's starting to get full on Saturday mornings now, especially in the centre; I can't imagine what it must've been like this afternoon!

One piece of pretty important news, I got my new contract this week! As with most contracts in Italy, it lasts for a fixed period, in my case, 18 months. So I can stay here for another 18 months! So obviously, I'm very happy!

One whinge though, the price of suncream in this country is insane. Over 10 euro for a bottle of factor 30?? I need factor 30 to start off with in Italy, or I'm in trouble! I spent the best part of 30 euro this afternoon on 2 bottles of suncream & 1 bottle of aftersun, and I just think it's a lot of money for something essential in the summer!

2 comments:

Eleonora Ferrari said...

Congratulations on getting your new contract - another 18 months in Italy - lucky you!!

I'm enjoying your blog and your interesting facts about Milan...I never realised suncream was so expensive there. Enjoy the Bank Holiday Weekend!

Nerys said...

Thanks for the comment Eleonora!

It always seems that I'm always whinging about little things here, the price of suncream being my latest thing! If only I'd got my mam to bring some out, I know there was some factor 30 in the house!! Would've saved those almost-30 euro...

You have a good Bank Holiday weekend too!