Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Do You Speak English?

Fabri Fibra is a legend!! I heard his new song on the radio a couple of days ago, and I was in hysterics! It's called Do You Speak English? For an Italian it's scarily close to the truth about modern society in England/the UK, but maybe I find it so funny because I'm Welsh and not English :D

It doesn't portray England in a good light at all, a big chunk of the song's taken up describing English girls, how they drink a lot and what happens when they get drunk - and it's not pretty! It may not be positive, but it's very true! It's the first bit I find funniest, a series of scenarios where the answer of "alright mate" would be given, such as when someone was giving you evils & wanted to beat you up! It reminds me so much of being in uni in England, when I used to use "alright" or "alright mate" far too much, it's not something that I use at home that much with the people I know. It's amusingly accurate that bit!

After over 8 months in Italy, it's funny to have this sort of viewpoint of England, it reminds me of a lot of things I don't miss about the UK! But it makes me smile when I hear this, England seems to have a magical quality for young Italians, things that are by now a completely normal part of society in the UK, even if they aren't necessarily accepted, are just so fascinating to Italians!

No comments: