Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mika @ Teatro Parenti, Milan 6/6/09

Blimey.

I've had about 4 hours sleep after the most amazing night of my life!! As I'd mentioned before, I was going to see Mika at Teatro Parenti, in the Porta Romana area of Milan, last night, as part of his Songs For Sorrow acoustic tour. It was the first time I'd ever seen him, and it was absolutely incredible!! I'd heard a lot about the 3 gigs that had been, but I'd managed to stop myself from watching any videos people had filmed at any of the gigs as to not spoil the surprise! And I'm so glad I did that! I was absolutely blown away, even though I'd heard so much about the tour, it wasn't what I expected! It was definitely a very interesting definition of 'acoustic'! Including drumming on metal dustbins - ON a grand piano, wearing a silly hat & all! - a stage invasion during Lollipop, and the entire room on their feet dancing and singing! I was second row centre, an absolutely amazing spot! And that stage invasion, I was actually part of it!! Just thinking about it now is hysterical, one minute I'm standing in front of my seat singing & dancing, the next I'm on the stage, next to the grand piano, looking up at Mika who's stood on top of it singing! Absolutely mad!! And Lollipop's my favourite song of his by miles, so it meant so much to me to be on stage during that performance! And he did Relax, Take it Easy too, which I was so pleased about, because it was thanks to that song I became a fan, almost 2 years ago, when I was in Pisa doing a language course! What he did with it was amazing, it started off as a proper acoustic version, and by the end it was the full-blown disco Relax! And the new songs sounded amazing!! Toy Boy was very funny with the expressions he was doing, Blame it on The Girls was fab - I found out it's not easy to do that clapping & sing along at the same time LOL! - Good Gone Girl I've properly fallen in love with, and Rain was a real surprise!! I was expecting what he did in the Parc Des Princes, but ooooooh no!! It was much better!! Like mid-way between that and what we've heard of the studio version! VERY good!! The atmosphere was electric, and Mika's interaction with the audience was fantastic!

It was an absolutely amazing experience! The whole day was amazing, I spent the day with a group of amazing people from the MFC (hellooooooooo guys!!)! And I managed to meet Mika twice, though as the stunned fangurl I was I managed to make a bit of an idiot of myself, though I gave him my present & got an autograph so I was happy :D Such a shame that was the only gig I could go to on this tour, I would love to go through that again! Bring on the next tour!!

No comments: