Saturday, November 28, 2009

Educating the Italians about flu...

There's a government campaign on tv in Italy, as you'd expect I guess, to help prevent the spread of swine flu (most commonly known in Italy as Influenza A), and to clarify who needs to be vaccinated against the seasonal and/or 'A' flu.

And these adverts feature a kids' puppet. I must admit, I thought the puppet mouse was just some random creation for this campaign, until when trying to find the ads, when I discovered that this particular puppet was a well-known and well-loved mouse by the name of Topo Gigio. So, admittedly, had I have known this, I probably wouldn't have been as baffled as I had been when I first saw the ads. A puppet mouse educating the Italian masses on the flu vaccinations!

After a bit of searching, I finally found that advert I was after on youtube, the one that deals with the vaccines. The advert which deals with the 5 rules on how to stop the spread of the flu I can sort of understand, it's basic stuff kids need to know too. But the vaccines??



I don't know... Maybe if I were Italian I'd see things differently??

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I am entitled to the vaccine as I'm asthmatic but I haven't had it yet. Everybody's fatalistic about the flu down here.