Monday, April 5, 2010

Un Giretto a Pasquetta

The weather's been much nicer than I expected today, and as I was at a bit of a loose end I decided to go out and about for a walk. Even when I was on the underground working my way into Milan, I wasn't sure where I was going to go - it was a pretty spontaneous thing! But I ended up in the centre of Milan.

I didn't expect there to be so many people around! There was very little traffic, but plenty of people filling the streets! Even most of the Italians seemed to be tourists, unsurprisingly the Milanese have done a disappearing act!


A very sunny Piazza Duomo

I was surprised too at how many shops were open too. I had a wander round a few of the clothes shops (but annoyingly H&M was closed!), and bought myself a couple of treats from Lush. I also had my first Italian ice cream of the season (I say 'Italian' as I had an ice cream when in Vienna on Tuesday), from Grom. It may be a chain but it does the best vanilla ice cream I've ever tasted!

My delicious strawberry & vanilla ice cream!

I went for a bit of a walk in Parco Sempione too, naturally with the weather the park and the castle were full of people. Perfect weather to be sitting outside doing nothing!

Parco Sempione

As for me, I enjoyed my little walk, it was a good way of walking off some of the food I ate yesterday!

No comments: