Friday, October 15, 2010

Autunno

Today the heating finally goes on!! There's actually a law which prohibits people turning the heating on before October 15th every year (and on April 15th it has to be switched off) - I could've done with it being switched on a good couple of weeks ago! It's got very cold recently; on Sunday I trekked to IKEA to buy a new duvet (the only duvets I have are back in Wales, it would've cost too much to get them sent out here), up until then I'd been surviving with a couple of sheets, brr! And this week I've been wearing a little coat every day, it's cold in the mornings now, though it doesn't seem to be too bad in the evenings yet. I'm looking forward to my flat being warm tonight!

Last weekend I started the mission of finding a new coat. Soon it'll be too cold to wear the little spring coat I wore in February, and my winter coat from last year is a good size too big for me now. I hit the shops of Corso Buenos Aires but unfortunately didn't find one I liked... So tomorrow I'll have a scout round the shops in the centre of town to see if I have any luck that way. And with the weather forecasting temperatures of around 15 degrees tomorrow I think I need to find a good coat quickly!

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

We're not supposed to switch ours on till Nov 15th!

Nerys said...

Hi Welshcakes! I'm guessing it'd still be warm enough your end of the country til then though?

Natalie said...

Aha! Good old Ikea :)

I was shocked by the price of bedding in my local market, so even though Ikea is soooo far away, I might have to make another trip on the exact same mission as yourself!

I'm also on the lookout for a coat! I didn't pack one when I moved because, well, I've never owned one in my life!

Stay warm!

Nerys said...

Hi Natalie! Yes, Ikea saved the day! The price of bedding (amongst other things!) is pretty shocking in Italy imo, so the trip to Ikea was a must! Since moving here I've found H&M as the best on the highstreet for coats, but Pimkie, Oviesse, Zara and Terranova are worth a look too.