Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy 2nd Italyversary to me!

On the 22nd of October I got on a plane from Bristol bound for Milan Malpensa, to start my adventure in Italy. At that point I always used to say that I would stay out in Italy for a year or two, even though I had no real idea of what I would do after that time had passed. Now I've reached the end of my first two years here, and I've got no intention of leaving Italy!

I'd just like to thank everyone I've met over the last year, especially those I've met in Italy who've always been so welcoming. I've lost count of the times both Italians and non- have mistaken me for an Italian over the last year (due to the amount of travelling I've done), and it's nice to know that people feel that I belong here.

And I'd also like to thank everyone who reads my blog, it's nice to know my ramblings entertain someone!

3 comments:

Nora said...

Happy 2nd anniversary Nerys! I really enjoy your blog, listening to the canzone al giorno and reading about what it’s like living in Italy as opposed to just visiting. Keep up the great work!

Natalie said...

Congrats! I just arrived about a month ago and I can understand that feeling of not knowing what a move to Italy will turn into ... it's great to hear that your Italian adventure worked out so well!

Nerys said...

Hi Nora! Thanks very much, I'm glad you like my blog! Hi Natalie, good luck with everything, I hope you enjoy being in this country as much as I do.