Saturday, October 30, 2010

La spesa - The food shop


This is what nearly 30 euros worth of food can look like in Italy! It doesn't seem like much, but it took four carrier bags to carry everything home! This's the result of one of my 'big' shops, which I usually do once a month - big shops that always manage to be bigger than they should be!! I'm not much of a cook, so you won't find anything very interesting in my pile of food, I tend to make things that are quick or easy - or preferably both! - and this's pretty typical of what I eat; minus fruit as I'm pretty much stocked up at the moment, potatoes (I bought a 1.5 kg bag a few days ago, I love potatoes!), and cereal (I've currently got 3 boxes on the go and another unopened one!) oh, and coffee of course!

So, what have we got here? Well, you can see what I eat for breakfast (except for the coffee of course) - milk, biscuits (the light blue packet), and drinking yogurt. I've got a couple of sneaky treats, gelato and chocolate! The only meat I bought this time was mortadella, I don't eat much meat at all now that I'm living on my own. I've got a couple of sneaky treats, namely gelato and chocolate! There's some pasta (of course!) and sauce and grated cheese for supper. There's some wine, and a little dinky bottle of bellini - very nice! There's some Weetabix too, it's a bit expensive, but it's a little bit of home - and fantastic in the winter with hot milk!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Woo hoo! You gotta make those big trips every now and then. ESPECIALLY now that it is getting colder, I don't want to leave as often

Nerys said...

Hi Natalie! Exactly - the less time spent outside in this cold the better!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Enjoy the gelato and choc!

Nerys said...

Thanks Welshcakes! The gelato's nearly all gone already!!

sofiaroma said...

Hello!! I just ran into your blog and I had to become a follower,I love it! I miss my Sicily immensely! I am a Siciliana,Ragusana, but have lived in Kansas City for the past 16 years. Stuck here until my daughter is done with medical school. Un giorno ritornero' ma nel frattempo vivo di ricordi . Ciao da Lina

Nerys said...

Ciao Lina! Thanks, I'm glad you like it. I've never made it down to Sicily, it's on my list (as well as several other places!)