Here's another little glimpse into what Italians are really like:
- A fever is the worst symptom of an illness you can get. Even if you have the slightest fever, and apart from that you feel fine, that's it, you're not going anywhere. A cold or flu isn't serious business unless you have a fever!
- You make sure you're wearing enough layers or have a thick enough jumper, or you will end up with a mal di pancia (bad stomach).
- If you don't wear a scarf when it's cold you're worried that you will end up with a stiff neck.
- You're never without a supply of Tachipirina (its main ingredient is paracetamol). Italian housewives swear by it. It. Cures. Everything.
- Even if it's 17-odd degrees outside, unless it's properly full-blown summer, you're still wrapped up in a jacket and scarf.