Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter With The Yours

Please see this if you don't get the joke ;)

Later today I'll be getting on a plane from Linate airport bound for Heathrow. After the disaster that was Christmas It'll be the first time that I've been home since December 2009, and the first time back in the UK since the end of February last year. It makes me sound a bit selfish, I know; and the only way I can defend myself is by saying that it costs money that I didn't have last year, and as the journey takes around 12 hours door-to-door (thanks to both Cardiff and Bristol airports failing epically when it comes to flights to Italy) going home for the weekend is out of the question. Needless to say, I'm very excited to be going home and to be seeing people I haven't seen for ages. And eating lots of food. And doing lots of shopping. And watching British TV. Aaaaaaaaaand.....

So I'll be back in a week, in time for Easter itself, but it's still sort of Easter at home, right?

3 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Have a great time!

Diane said...

Hope your journey wasn't too bad. As a Cardiffian, living in Brussels, I know exactly what you mean about Cardiff Airport. To fly to Cardiff from here its via Amsterdam and costs a fortune. Unfortunately we are not well served in Wales. In the meantime Happy Easter.

Nerys said...

Belated thanks Welshcakes and Diane!