Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Milanese Pet Hates - Part 7



The result of a night's roadworks...
Roadworks at night.

WHY would you do that on a residential street??

I was aware that some kind of work was planned as there had been signs up for a few days telling people that they weren't allowed to park on the street, but I never imagined that said work would be carried out during the night. But a couple of nights ago, around 9pm, I heard what sounded like a street full of heavy vehicles and people, and wondered how long it would carry on for. It was still going when I went to bed around 11. And when I woke up around 4am.

Needless to say I had a pretty sleepless night. Is it really so difficult to create a diversion and do the work during the day?

Epic fail Milan. Epic fail.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Perhaps they were making up for the Unification Day holiday!

Nerys said...

Hi Welshcakes! That's one way of looking at it!