Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The end of NaBloPoMo

A month ago I had the idea of partecipating in NaBloPoMo, National Blog Posting Month. To me it was an ambitious idea, sometimes I even struggle to write one blog post a week. That was the main reason why I decided to partecipate, because I don't write enough. I've been in Italy for over three years now and there's still a lot of things I want to write about, but for whatever reason I haven't done so yet. I felt like I really needed to force myself to write in order to have a decent blog.

I'll openly admit that this during month my writing hasn't been at its best. Some days the last thing I wanted to do was write, there were times when I was practically falling asleep on the keyboard but I had to plod on, I didn't want to give up. But to me it wasn't necessarily about the quality of my writing, it was more about getting into the habit of writing more often than I have been. Maybe my technique's improved, I've been reading more blogs and newspapers this month to find inspiration, and I feel that I have understood a bit more about the art (?) of blogging and what makes a good blog. I've also been able to look at Italy in a different way; when you're searching for something to write about every day it really makes you realise how different the country is that you're living in compared to the one that you grew up in. Every little thing can stand out and be worthy of a blog post.

I'd like to thank everyone who's supported me this month, and everyone who gave me ideas for posts. At the beginning of the month I didn't think I'd be able to complete my challenge, that I'd run out of ideas, but I've still got plenty left to write about! Hopefully now I'll be able to carry on with this habit, maybe not necessarily every day, but hopefully now I'll blog more often than I used to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, for your own interest, you'd better leave Italy, if you don't want to fall sick :)))

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-15987082

Fabal79