Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Classic

Yes, I know I'm being crafty seeing as I've set myself the task of writing a blog post every day this month, but I've thought of a new feature; which is posting a video for a classic Italian song every Sunday. I know I focus quite often on current music on my blog, but I think it's also important to have a knowledge of the songs which are part of the history of Italian music.

This week the song's from 1979. I thought it would be appropriate to feature a genovese singer, and this song happens to be one of my favourite Italian songs of all time. It's La mia banda suona il rock by Ivano Fossati.

4 comments:

Nora said...

Hi Nerys, I like your new Sunday Classic feature and this song too. I admire you for taking on the challenge of writing a blog post for every day of this month! You keep writing and I'll keep reading!

Italian Notes said...

I'd almost forgotten about that song, so thanks for the reminder. Amazing to think it is contemporary with the British punk bands.

Nerys said...

Hi Nora, thanks! I'm hoping I'll last until the end of the month!!

Nerys said...

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that comparison! Really is amazing, like two different worlds.