Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Adverts from Italy 2

It might be a bit of a strange thing to notice so much, but being the musical person I am, something that stands out to me when I'm watching tv is the music used in adverts here.

The choice of which song to use for an advertising campaign doesn't always make sense to a native English speaker though. Take ING's adverts for their Conto Arancio (a kind of bank account which is advertised often on TV and radio) which uses the chorus of Gorillaz' Feel Good Inc.


I really do wonder how that choice of song came about.

4 comments:

M.M. said...

Most of italians don't speak english and least of all they don't understand it, hence it's not important what a song tells, but which feelings it may make come up. That's why very often the soundtrack doesn't match at all with the comercial and italians are not aware of it...

Nerys said...

Of course, this is just my point of view as a native English speaker, for me it's very strange.

Laruchka said...

Nerys this is getting a little wierd. everytime I think of a blog post I would like to write, I discover you've just done it. Think I may just start blogging hyperlinks to you! xx

Nerys said...

Great minds and all that eh? ;)