Monday, April 9, 2012

Nerys's Guide to Italian Music: Negrita

Negrita formed in the province of Arezzo, in Tuscany, at the beginning of the 90s. Their first album, Negrita, was released in 1994.

The first song of theirs that I ever heard was Rotolando verso sud ('Rolling towards the south'), which was released in 2005, but was still being played on radio when I arrived in Urbino for my Erasmus year in the following September.



I can't choose just one song of theirs that I like the most, it's between two, that are also two of my all-time favourite Italian songs. The first one to be released of the two was Che rumore fa la felicit√†? ('What sound does happiness make?') in September 2008, around a month before my arrival in Italy.



The other one is Gioia infinita ('Infinite joy') which is from summer 2009, also taken from their HELLdorado album. There was also a bilingual version of this, featuring Colombian singer Juanes.



Their latest single, which is currently being played on radio, is the title track from their album Dannato Vivere, their first album since 2008's HELLdorado.

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Thanks for the lesson and buona Pasquetta, Nerys. Love the new header photo.

Nerys said...

Hi Pat! Thanks, it was taken at Lake Garda. Hope you had a nice Easter!