Monday, September 23, 2013

The Poste Making Things Easier (?)

Towards the end of last week I got this leaflet in the post from Poste Italiane, aka the Post Office:



Translation: The bill always rings twice. Make yourself comfortable, pay at home.

Not quite getting the meaning of the first sentence my tired brain started thinking of a new way of paying your bills at home. A new way of paying online? An app? I turned the leaflet over and it all became clear.

You pay the postman.

Quite genius in its old-schoolness.

Obviously Italy being Italy not all forms of payment are accepted, only some cards are mentioned on the leaflet. They're the Poste's Postamat card (for those who have a bank account with them), Postepay (a rechargeable card that I have that sometimes causes more hassle than it's worth...) and Maestro.

I think I'll stick to paying my bills through my online banking, that's probably as advanced as it's going to get.

Oh, it's worth mentioning that even though I got this leaflet about paying my bills, they don't always arrive in the post. And even if they do, it's not always on time.

1 comment:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Haven't had the leaflet down here yet but I imagine this could be a useful service, especially for those who find it difficult to get about.