Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday night treat



Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the krapfen (stop sniggering). As the name would suggest it has germanic roots, but is popular in Italy.

This particular (tasty) specimen is a krapfen alla crema. Take a guess? Yes, it's filled with cream! And I love the cream you get in pastries and tarts and croissants here in Italy - thick, almost custardy stuff, and very sweet.

So this is my Monday night treat, because we all deserve a treat for getting through Monday, right?

4 comments:

Alison Jackson said...

Yummy! I love the creamy fillings here too - ENJOY!

Nerys said...

Thanks Ali!

Marta said...

Un bombolone alla crema, buono! :)

silencer137 said...

Funny - I could not image that italians could ever like german Schlickerkram, especially not Krapfen :-)