Thursday, January 2, 2014

14 Things to do in 2014

Happy 2014! I had a wonderful new year's eve at the radio, doing the countdown to midnight with everybody on air is something I'll never forget! After the fun and games it's the start of a brand new year. I'm not usually one for new year's resolutions, even though I always see a new year as a fresh start and a chance to improve myself. What I've thought of this year is a bit different though, a list of 14 things I'd like to do before the end of the year. And I'm writing them here as extra motivation to get them done!

  1. Go to Naples and the Amalfi coast
  2. Write more
  3. Visit more places in Lombardia
  4. Learn more about Italian dialects, and especially the Milanese dialect
  5. Lose 10 kg
  6. Worry less about speaking Italian and making mistakes
  7. Read more contemporary Italian fiction
  8. Study more Italian history from the unification onwards
  9. Learn to knit
  10. Take better care of my skin
  11. Swear less, especially in Italian...
  12. Go to Puglia
  13. Go on a daytrip to Italian speaking Switzerland
  14. Learn how to make a good lasagna

3 comments:

silencer137.com said...

Puglia is great, the Amalfi Coast is... well, Ok. Not as great as one could expect, but nice. But naples... this is the only place in italy were I did not felt entirely safe. When I was there, the city seemed to be given up by the government and left to martial law. A dark and unpleasant place, with a high rate of unemployment lots of desperate people. Compared to northern and middle italy it was like another world.

Laurel Barton said...

Great list! Hope you'll let us know about good Italian literature you read. I need to up my game in that field and quit resorting to English novels. Very tough to do!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Great list, Nerys! Happy New Year. x