Thursday, March 6, 2014

Post-Sanremo 2014

The dust has settled from this year's Sanremo, and I've been judging the songs that have come out of this year's festival. I don't have the patience to watch it on tv, but I'm always interested to hear the entries.

Arisa was this year's winner. She first made a name for herself at Sanremo in 2009 with Sincerità. Since then she's undergone a slightly drastic transformation and been a judge on X Factor Italy for one season. Her winning song was Controvento.


In second place was a combination that had intrigued me ever since the collaboration was announced, Raphael Gualazzi & The Bloody Beetroots. Liberi o no wasn't quite what I expected, but it's still a great song.


The winner of the Nuove Proposte competition for emerging artists was 19 year old rapper Rocco Hunt (born Rocco Pagliarulo) with Nu juorno buono. The title's in the dialect of his native Salerno.



No comments: