Saturday, July 12, 2014

Word of The Week



L'interruzione - interruption/suspension

I despaired when I got home on Thursday night to find a notice on the front door of my building saying that there would be an interruzione to the water supply on Saturday morning. There wouldn't be any water between 8.30am and 1pm. I'm an early bird and I'm normally up and about by 8am on weekends, but luckily for me I already knew mid-week that I was going to sleep a bit later this weekend. It wasn't that much later though, by 9am I was awake. But I couldn't have a doccia (shower), couldn't brush my denti (teeth), or my faccia (face). Luckily I've got a Brita jug in my kitchen which I'd topped up, and enough water in my coffee machine for a cappuccino, but by 1am I felt like I was in desperate need of a wash!

2 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Had absolute nightmares with the water supply here in the early days so you have all my sympathy!

creepo said...

Aww well you have to look on the bright side, they at least gave out notice...can you imagine a surprise cut? Now that would have been a nightnare. Not even coffee when waking up :P