Monday, August 18, 2014

A cornfield in Milan

In the night between July 29th and 30th a cornfield showed up in the centre of Milan.



It's all to do with the Expo that's being held in the city next year, the theme of which is 'Feeding the planet, energy for life.' For the whole of August over 1500 corn plants are going to be living in the now pedestrianised Piazza Castello, inbetween the two new Expo Gate buildings.



The installation goes by the name of Quantomais and it reminds me of a maze, with the plants over 2 metres tall, but here the intention isn't to get lost. There are also other plants such as beautiful sunflowers living amongst the corn. It's quite a strange sight to see!

2 comments:

Jenny P said...

Yes, I stumbled into this cornfield when I took a visitor to see the Castle a couple of weeks ago. I wonder what will arrive there next?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I didn't know about that - must be quite a sight!