Monday, October 13, 2014

Nerys's Guide to Italian Music - Fabi Silvestri Gazzè

One of the most interesting things in Italian music for me this year is the collaboration between singer-songwriters and friends Niccolò Fabi, Daniele Silvestri, and Max Gazzè. Their first single together, Life is sweet, is one of my favourites from this year.

All three were born in Rome, Niccolò Fabi in 1968. His first single Dica, is one of my favourites of his, and a song I've been listening to a lot recently.



My favourite song of his is also one of my absolute favourite Italian songs of all time. It's Lasciarsi un giorno a Roma from 1998.



Daniele Silvestri was also born in 1968, and his first single was released in 1994. My favourite song of his earlier years is Le cose in comune, his third single which was released in 1995



A song of his I listen to a lot is Salirò. As it's from 2002 - before I even started studying Italian - I have no idea how I got to know it though! The video's fantastic!



All three had previously worked together on various occassions before this year. The beautiful Sornione from Silvestri's 2011 album S.C.O.T.C.H and features Fabi.



Max Gazzè was born Massimiliano Gazzè in 1967, and I must admit that he's my least favourite of the three. Even so, there are a few songs of his that I really like, such as Una musica può fare from 1999.



There's also A cuore scalzo from 2010, which was one of my favourite Italian songs that year.

No comments: