Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ciao ciao 2014!

So it's the end of another year. On a personal level it's not been great for me, and I'm hoping to leave a lot of bad things behind in 2014 and move on. It's not all been bad at all though, I've visited a helluva lot of places for me, Venice twice, Rome twice, Florence, Genova, Riccione on the Adriatic coast, Veneto for Christmas again, Paris, and the French Riviera.

As always with the end of the year it's time to look back over the last 12 months at what I have (or haven't) accomplished. At the beginning of the year I made a list of 14 things I wanted to achieve this year, and this is how far I got (or didn't get)!

1. Go to Naples and the Amalfi coast
Unfortunately not. And the annoying thing was how Mika performed in Napoli in May, but that same weekend I was in Florence with some of my friends. Argh. Hopefully next year.


2. Write more
Not really. It's still on the list.


3. Visit more places in Lombardia
Nope. Places further away are always more appealing...


4. more about Italian dialects, and especially the Milanese dialect
I've picked up a lot of random things this year, Milanese, Veneto, Roman, Neapolitan...


5. Lose 10 kg
It took me from July to the beginning of December, but I lost 9kg and for now I'm more than happy with that.


6. Worry less about speaking Italian and making mistakes
Hmm, I guess so. This year seems to have been a year where the Italian speaking foreigner has become more accepted, thanks to certain people on tv, and it's certainly given me more confidence.


7. Read more contemporary Italian fiction
Absolutely! This year I've read 92 books (I'm desperately trying to finish book 93 before midnight), 20 of which were Italian novels.


8. Study more Italian history from the unification onwards
That too, and it's something I really want to explore over the next 12 months.


9. Learn to knit
Right. This winter I will.


10. Take better care of my skin
Yes, but my skin's still not having any of it.


11. Swear less, especially in Italian...
Err no, definitely not.


12. Go to Puglia
Nope. I still haven't been further south than Rome.


13. Go on a daytrip to Italian speaking Switzerland
As close as it is, I didn't get round to it. In compensation I saw a lot of other places!


14. Learn how to make a good lasagna
Somehow I don't think that's ever going to happen...

4 comments:

silencer137.com said...

92/93 Books? Wow, that´s really a lot. Even in my best times I didn´t read more than one book a week.

Nerys said...

Ahahahah yes, I read a lot!

Laruchka said...

Read 92 books and lost 9kg! Hats off to you. xx

Nerys said...

Thanks! xx