Monday, January 5, 2015

A Sunny January Day

There's been a beautiful blue sky over Milan today. Days like these are rare, with the fog and smog and greyness that's associated with the city. When I saw the sun streaming through the gaps in the shutters when I woke up this morning I knew I couldn't stay inside, and I went for a long walk around the city centre - picking up a couple of books along the way!




The ducks were out in force in Parco Sempione. Unfortunately I didn't have any bread I could give them!



The arco looking fantastic in the sun!


The Christmas decorations above the street in Via Paolo Sarpi - the heart of Milan's Chinatown.




Piazza Gae Aulenti is a recent addition to Milan's urban landscape. A lot of work has been done around the Porta Garibaldi area of the city, and the piazza looks great - I loved the alternative Christmas tree!

2 comments:

silencer137.com said...

I keep my fingers crossed that in february the weather is similar :-)

creepo said...

Wow...now that is a ninja sunny day...or even better a 4-leaf clover sunny day, haaard to find

The streets seem to be empty...not much ppl around?

Oh...BTW...Happy New Year! May the 2015 kick the butt of 2014 for you